FUNDING THE FUTURE OF NEWS
We have helped build a diverse information ecosystem by funding emerging, community-driven news organisations
The Engaged Journalism Accelerator is committed to creating resilient and impactful relationships between news organisations and the communities they serve.
During the programme, we have funded 12 organisations in Europe with a proven record of sustaining a loyal community and a willingness to develop a resilient business model. You can see a list of the grantees below and read more about their work here and here.
Each has received between €35,000 and €50,000 to finance expansion, develop new strategy or revenue streams, improve product development capabilities or increase loyalty among their community.
Our grants have been used to introduce expertise, processes or technology to support this work. The Accelerator has not sought to fund one-off storytelling projects or temporary audience engagement initiatives.
There are currently no plans for further grants as part of this programme. To receive updates about the programme and possible funding opportunities, you can sign up to the Accelerator online community
- News organisations approached as part of a closed call for applications
- Announcement of 4 news organisations that have been successful in receiving a grant through a closed call for applications
- Start of open call for applications for the second round of Accelerator funding
- Deadline for submitting proposals to the open call (Friday 7 December 9am CET)
- Announcement of 8 news organisations that have been successful in receiving a grant through the open call for applications
Several Accelerator grantees catch up at an event in Budapest in November