FUNDING THE FUTURE OF NEWS
We're helping to build a diverse information ecosystem by funding emerging, community-driven news organisations
The Engaged Journalism Accelerator is committed to creating more resilient and more impactful relationships between news organisations and the communities they serve.
Over the duration of the programme, we will fund up to 15 organisations in Europe with a proven record of sustaining a loyal community and a willingness to develop a resilient business model. Each will receive between €35,000 - €50,000.
Suitable organisations may be looking to finance expansion, develop strategy or new revenue streams, improve product development capabilities or increase loyalty among their community. Our grants can be used to introduce expertise, processes or technology to support this.
The Accelerator does not aim to fund one-off storytelling projects or temporary audience engagement initiatives.
- news organisations approached as part of closed call for applications
- announcement of news organisations that have been successful in receiving a grant through a closed call for applications
- start of open call for applications for the second round of Accelerator funding
- deadline for submitting proposals to the open call (Friday 7 December 9am CET)
- announcement of up to 12 news organisations that have been successful in receiving a grant through the open call for applications
If you have more questions about the funding process, check out our FAQs or this Q&A document from prospective applicants.
Photo: Ben Whitelaw
Based in Athens, Greece, Solomon is one of the first organisations to receive funding through the Accelerator